Re: who should own the /bin directory?

Marco Atzeri wrote:

> --- Jerome Fong < ha scritto:
>
>> I'm trying to login as another person, but using
>> "su" tells me I don't
>> have permissions to use bash.  Using login gives me
>> errors about no home
>> directory and no permissions to use bash.
>
> su does not work.
> See FAQ chapter 4

Yes, it works.  Have you tried it?

About the original problem, su is not a "login", better try 'ssh
other-user@localhost' if you have sshd running, the first time the other-user
does login his home directory will be created.  Of course that means that the
user was created first in Windows and added to the users recognized by Cygwin
(using mkpasswd ...).  An unknown user has no permissions on any directory.
--
René Berber