Access Denied to registry keys HKLM\Software

I am new to Cygwin, we are running version 1.59. Cygwin used is for account
management for our Active Directory. Cygwin is used to launch an C-based
program (that is running as service) that calls a VB6 Program, which is called
via a SSH connection from our central account management system that runs on a
Unix.

We recently updated the VB6 code to VB.NET, with the changes is the ability to
created Exchange Mailboxes using CDOEXM.DLL.  A AD-account is running the C-
based program as a service ( which was setup via cygrunsrv), Cygwin executes
that C-based program under that account.

The problem I am having is the AD-account that executes the new vb.net code
via the C-based program gets an access denied to the Registry: HKLM\Software
in particular:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\ESE
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchange

And a bunch of others from HKLM\Software

Which causes the VB.Net code to crash indicating access denied to application
event log..due to CDOEXM.DLL not getting access to
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\ESE

But it can access HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application
and a few others which have the same securityâ

I have also given the account administration rights within cygwin, and still
get the same problem. However, under windows within cygwin the code runs
fine..without going over the SSH connectionâ

I have noticed the security on proc/registry contains ???????? with no rights
is that normal..

Has anyone point me in the right direction.