Re: cygwin.bat

On Nov 19, 2007 11:01 AM, 123cu <fmk0203@charter.net> wrote:

> First, I am a newbee to Cygwin so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
>
> I have a text file (aaa.txt) which contains a simple grep command. When I
> start Cygwin.bat, I want this file to be started (executed) as part of
> invoking the cygwin.bat file. I don't know how to do it. Any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> cygwin.bat file
> @echo on
>
> C:
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> set HOME=\cygwin
> bash --login -i

cygwin.bat is typically used to start the cygwin environment, usually
by starting a bash shell.  The bash shell then runs some "startup"
scripts, like .bashrc and .bash_profile.  Those files are where you
would normally put anything that you want to run every time you start
a shell.

Based on your description, it sounds like you may be doing something
that might not fit with the idea of how cygwin works.  If you can
explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish, we may be
able to find a better solution, or help you to integrate it better.