Re: cygwin makes shared folders on vista

On Nov 23, 2007 7:16 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> - Move your Cygwin home directory outside of the C:/Users tree.  There's
>   no reason to keep the Cygwin home directory in this tree.  I'm using
>   C:/cygwin/home/corinna and/or C:/home/corinna for years and I haven't
>   had any problems due to that.

I'll second that suggestion. Seeing as Cygwin is, techncially, a
"program", it should, at worst, be installed in C:\Program Files. At
best, I put all of my "non windows" stuff (Cygwin, Native built Perl,
native build xemacs, etc) in C:\opt. Then, depending on what I am
doing on a particular box, I rig my Windows home directory to be the
Cygwin home. But, if this thread holds true, we probably shouldn't
even do that anymore on Vista.

--
Matthew O. Persico