Controlling the files that rsync can see in Windows.

My goal is to set up an rsync server so that I can efficiently transfer files
from one server to a workstation with a command line script. I have managed
to set this up quite simply,, but now I want to be a little more surgical in
what the script backs-up.

Imagine I have a directory structure like this

Main Folder
|_______Folder to be transferred

|_______Folder to be hidden

My goal is to have a single line script that runs on a workstation to
transfer all of the files and sub-folders from the "Main Folder" except for
files and folders that I set a "deny" permission for. I can then change what
files the user will received just by adding or changing folder permissions.

I tried to achieve this by running the rsync daemon as a service, and using
a user account as the log on for the service. Then I denied access to the
folder by that username, but when I run the script it still manages to
download the entire contents of the "Main Folder".

I don't understand a lot about services and the rsync daemon, so I might be
barking up the wrong tree with the log on approach for the rsync daemon
service.

I hope I have described all of this clearly enough.