This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Timezone manipulation within Perl script
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:07:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: Timezone manipulation within Perl script
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I want to ask you how convert time between different timezones in perl script running under cygwin. I have an application which store datetime information in Zulu/GMT. I need to provide date in user timezone. How to do the correct conversion? I want to be able to offer Timezone info like 'Europe/Prague'. Following code snippet will provide correct output when running under Active state Perl (time will differ 1 or 2 hours depending on input date), but when running under cygwin perl no conversion will be done. Can anyone help me?
The testcase works fine for me as well. You didn't include cygcheck
output, so do you have the tzcode package installed? If not, try
installing it. It should be part of Base now so you should get it
automatically the next time you run setup.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html