This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash issues many FSCTL_PIPE_PEEK operations?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:31:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bash issues many FSCTL_PIPE_PEEK operations?
- References: <4767D7E8.11732.615ADAF@fritz.frii.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 02:23:36PM -0700, Gary Fritz wrote:
Content-Description: Mail message body
>I just installed SysInternals' FileMon utility and have discovered all kinds of
>unknown activity going on behind the scenes.
>One that surprised me was Bash. FileMon says that Bash is doing 90-100
>FSCTL_PIPE_SEEK operations EVERY SECOND! It does this even if Bash
>is currently running a command, so there is no open prompt looking for input.
>Is it *supposed* to do that??
In any cygwin less than 1.7.x, yes.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html