Re: how to check email through cygwin

Jeff wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 17:45:39 +0000,
"morgan gangwere" <0[dot]fractalus[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote:

thanks, after config can I reply mails by vi in cygwin?
thats all mutt's job.

Most console mode mail user agents and newsreaders expect the user to specify an editor-- even PINE accepts an alternate editor. I'm sure that mutt is no different.

Yup. And the mutt man page even specifies exactly this:

       EDITOR Specifies the editor to use if VISUAL is unset.
        .
        .
        .
       VISUAL Specifies the editor to use when composing messages.

Anyone still confused should take a look at the man page.  If that's
not enough to resolve the question, it's probably best to consult mutt-
specific resources for this information unless it becomes clear that
the issue is Cygwin-specific.

Holliston, MA 01746