Re: [BUG?] run.exe and pdflatex

> Now, in Cygwin 1.7.x (a.k.a. CVS HEAD), this is no longer the case (since
> revision 1.243 of spawn.cc).  The comment simply says "Drop
> pty_needs_alloc_console check" -- maybe Corinna can explain why it was
> dropped.  So your program will not work as expected in the snapshots.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

But ... wouldn't that mean that any command executed would open a
console window?

In your other responses, you said, that using the shell is the most
preferrable way. Unfortunatly, i cannot use the shell. The method is
well understood. I could easily execute cygwin stuff by using:

bash -c "exec \"\$0\" \"\$@\"" program param1 param2 ...

The program from which i want to execute pdflatex/pslatex/etc. (which is
Texlipse, a Latex plugin for Eclipse) doesn't allow me to do so.

But aside from that: is the shell really the preferred way of doing
this? Doesn't the shell simply call execve again?
Following what you said, it should be best to call bash.exe from run.exe
to solve all the issues. So the question is: who does all the checks
(shebang, etc.)?
- the execve implementation? (which is cygwin, right?)
- the shell?
- both?