Maybe 1.5 Regression: cp failing while working with cygwin 1.3.22

Hi...

Well... I am a late converter I know... But I am in the progress of doing so.
I am still running cygwin 1.3.22 and now setted up 1.5.25-7 but encountered a problem
with cp when working on a folder (hosted on a samba share on a linux box) containing a symlink.

My $CYGWIN is in both cases set to "binmode smbntsec" while it does not make
any difference when I put it to "binmode ntsec". My /etc/passwd is in both cygwin
installations correctly populated (AFAIK).

Receipe to reproduce:

1. Login to your linux box in your homeaccount.
2. mkdir -p ~/tmp/test
3. cd ~/tmp/test
4. mkdir subdir
5. ln -s subdir symlink
6. logout
7. Start cygwin 1.3.22
8. cp -rp //server/share/path/to/your/home/tmp/test /tmp
9. <everything fine>
10. Start cygwin 1.5 installation
11. cp -rp //server/share/path/to/your/home/tmp/test /tmp
12. Error message appears:

cp: will not create hard link: '/tmp/test/symlink' to directory '/tmp/test/subdir'

Obviously cygwin 1.5 is now detecting the symlink correctly while 1.3 was not because it copied
the symlinked folder as folder not as link (even when I did cp -a).

Maybe this problem is not related to cygwin more to the cp program itself.

Yet this causes a problem because in various locations I have some symlinks on my servers...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Roland