Re: Uninstalling Cygwin

Warren Young wrote:

> I think the biggest problem with the FAQ is that the first page you come
> to doesn't list all of the questions.  You have to figure out what
> section to look in first.  In this case, we have a problem akin to
> Windows' "Start" brain damage: the item on uninstalling is on the page
> about installing.

In this case it's the Users Guide and not the FAQ that is at issue.  The
FAQ already has a single page version at
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html>.  It's not linked very
prominently though.

> If the entire TOC was on a single page, you could use your browser's
> Find command to look for questions with likely titles.

There is also a non-chunked version of the UG, but it's only available
as a .gz:
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net-nochunks.html.gz>.  The
uncompressed HTML is only 259 KB, so I don't see why we don't offer this
online uncompressed either.  We could definitely improve here.

Brian