Re: using rsync with Win32/UNC pathnames?

On Apr 11 18:04, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
>> utf-8 is supposed to be able to convert all wide chars to a multibyte
>> sequence.  If it's *not* the above server-side problem, we would need a
>> simple, self-contained, reproducible testcase, preferrably in plain C.
>
> Is a file in an archive enough?
>
> It looks like it looses the special character in tar or zip, but 7zip can
> store it just fine.

What 7zip?  Native or Cygwin?

Better:  Create a shell script which creates the file which makes
trouble and send the script.

Shortcut:  Tell me what the actual filename is.  I can switch to the
german keyboard layout if necessary.

> Mind that I use a German language Windows version - if the above doesn't
> work for you, I can give you remote access if you want.

Sorry, but, no.  I will very certainly not do remote debugging.

Btw., why don't you debug this?  Strace, gdb, and the sysinternal
tools are all free as in beer.  As a start and as long as there's only
one file in the test dir, you could also send the strace output of `ls
test' as attachment to this list.  This might help already.

Corinna

Red Hat