This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Distribution of cygwin (free and commercial)
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:25:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Distribution of cygwin (free and commercial)
- References: <025a01c89bf8$632f0640$298d12c0$@com>
> Hello all,
> I have read the "FAQ suggestion", and I wanted to open a new thread about
> the possible distribution of cygwin. (I cannot access the old thread)
> Before I start, I want you to check what happened to Eclipse, KDE, Gnome,
> 7-zip and so on. Really many, many people are using the software because it
> is freely available and distributable!
> If you are afraid of commercial distributions, restrict a commercial
> distribution in the license.
> Anyway I think it should be technically possible to give cygwin some start
> parameters there you could easily switch between different locations. (e.g.
> a parameter with a different registry-root or some parameters with the
> needed mount-points.) Have I got it?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html