This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: clamav-0.93-1
- From: "Reini Urban" <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:32:53 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: clamav-0.93-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The cygwin clamav packages (Clam AntiVirus - GPL anti-virus toolkit)
has been updated to 0.93-1.
clamdscan is deliberately broken - at least for me.
I couldn't check so far why it hangs, but I wanted to bring -1 out
even without this tool. Please use clamscan instead so far.
This release introduces many new features and engine enhancements, please
see the notes below for the list of major changes. The most visible one
is the new logic in scan limits which affects some command line and config
options of clamscan and clamd. Please see clamscan(1) and clamd.conf(5)
and the example config file for more information on the new options.
Most important changes include:
- New logic in scan limits: provides much more efficient protection against
DoS attacks but also results in different command line and config options
to clamscan and clamd (see below)
- New/improved modules: unzip, SIS, cabinet, CHM, SZDD, text normalisator,
- Improved filetype detection; filetype definitions can be remotely updated
- Support for .cld containers (which replace .inc directories)
- Improved pattern matcher and signature formats
- More efficient scanning of HTML files
- Many other improvements
- NEW CONFIG FILE OPTIONS: MaxScanSize, MaxFileSize, MaxRecursion, MaxFiles
- ** THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED **: MailMaxRecursion,
ArchiveMaxFileSize, ArchiveMaxRecursion, ArchiveMaxFiles,
- NEW CMDLINE OPTIONS: --max-filesize, --max-scansize
- REMOVED OPTIONS: --block-max, --max-space, --max-ratio
- NEW CONFIG OPTION CompressLocalDatabase
- NEW CMDLINE SWITCH --no-warnings
- main.inc and daily.inc directories are no longer used by ClamAV; please
remove them manually from your database directory
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix. The main purpose of
this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment
scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded
daemon, a commandline scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via
Internet. The programs are based on a shared library distributed with
the Clam AntiVirus package, which you can use in your own software.
ChangeLog: http://svn.clamav.net/svn/clamav-devel/trunk/ChangeLog and
The cygwin clamav package comes in three parts:
clamav: the executables and binaries
libclamav4: the shared library since 0.93
libclamav-devel: development resources (headers, static- and import
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html