Re: cygwin & autotools - readline not found

Liam Staskawicz <liam <at> makingthings.com> writes:

> "checking for readline in -lreadline... no"
> " configure: error: readline not found"
>
> A cygcheck -c shows that I have libreadline4, 5, and 6 all installed OK

That's all find and dandy, but those are only the runtime dlls.  To compile
against libreadline, you also need to have the 'readline' development package
installed, which includes the additional headers and linktime libraries that
configure is complaining about.  It is not installed by default; rerun
setup.exe and select it for explicit download.

--
Eric Blake
volunteer cygwin readline maintainer