Re: fate/resolution/location of things like "sys/sockio.h"

Mike Marchywka wrote:

> Also, FWIW, I took a sample program in wpdpack and compiled it WITH cygwin
> ( all the makefiles that came with the download did use -mno-cygwin )
> and it at least loaded ( it may function properly  but I haven't checked),

Yes, a trivial invocation of help output usually works.  But still the
problem remains that a library that was built against MSVCRT is not
supposed to be linked against code that was built against Cygwin -- they
are two very different runtimes.  For example, try running one of those
programs and then pressing ^C to stop it and I think you will find it
segfaults or malfunctions in some other random way.  Any behavior in
that situation that does work is by luck, is my point.

But I don't see why you're trying to build a Cygwin nmap anyway.  nmap
has a native win32 port so why not just build that using MinGW?

Brian