Re: cmake doesn't like gcc

Nathan Thern wrote:

> I've been using gcc extensively to compile scheme interpreters and to
> compile code generated by various scheme-to-C systems. Here's a simple
> check, though:
> ---
> $ echo -e '#include <stdio.h>\nmain(){printf("Hello World\\n");}' >
> hw.c; cat hw.c; /usr/bin/gcc hw.c; ./a.exe
> #include <stdio.h>
> main(){printf("Hello World\n");}
> Hello World
> ---

Okay, so that pretty much rules out a gcc installation problem.

One thing I noticed in your cygcheck is that you have LIB and INCLUDE
set to their MS Visual Studio values.  gcc itself does not use these
environment variables but some build systems do and if cmake is one of
those then that would explain why it cannot compile a trivial program.
I think when Visual Studio installs it asks if you want the variables to
be set globally or just when you run the "open build environment"
shortcut, and I always choose the latter.  I'm not sure if that's
relevant here or not.

Other than that I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but I don't
know a great deal about cmake.  You might want to see if the cmake
package maintainer has anything to add, or perhaps ask on the cmake
list.

Brian