Re: start ssh port forwarding at boot time

Matthias Meyer wrote:

[snip]
$ cygrunsrv -I forward -p /usr/bin/ssh -a "-v -f -2 -N -L 5729:localhost:5729 user@myhost.tld" -u root -w password
$ cygrunsrv -S forward
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
Der Dienst konnte wegen einer fehlerhaften Anmeldung nicht gestartet werden.

which means in english:
The service could not be started because of an incorrect registration.
But I'm sure. Username and password are correct.

The message in english:

$ net helpmsg 1069

The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Sorry I didn't realize your user name is "root", seems that cygrunsrv is not able to change users which is a Windows capability option.

You can use the other alternative (ssh -i ...) or add the required rights or capabilities, or use stunnel instead of ssh.
--
René Berber