Re: setup.exe command line parameters

Dave Korn wrote:

That being said, I CAN run setup.exe in unattended quiet mode and
get a BASE cygwin install done, and I'm quite happy with that. But
I'd really, really like to specify packages on the command line.

Can I help by offering to update the patch to the current setup?

Absolutely, yes, please! If you post it to the cygwin-apps list, with a ChangeLog entry, I'll see what we can do about getting it applied.

And what I'd also like to do is optionally specify a particular version of the library.

For example, the current version of libusb-win32 is
somehow broken when I want to talk to my LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT in
SAMBA mode, but the previous 10.x version works fine.

So something like

setup [optional parameters] -p pkgFoo pkgBar pkgThis pkgThat

and have all the dependent packages automagicallly loaded.

What would the syntax for a particular version be?

setup [optional parameters] -p pkgFoo:version-string

Comments?

Ralph