Re: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

----- Original Message ----- From: "Corinna Vinschen" <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>
After further looking into this issue I fear I can't do anything against
that in Cygwin 1.5.25 anymore.  There is a strange privilege issue when
using impersonation tokens starting with Windows Vista.  The root of the
problem seems to be UAC.  Cygwin 1.5.25 is using impersonation tokens
quite heavily.  Due to this problem I dropped all the forced
impersonation token usage from 1.7, so the issue will be fixed in Cygwin
1.7 as far as I can see from my tests.

The only thing you might try is to switch off UAC entirely on that
system and try again.  I'm not sure if that helps since I can't test
this right now.  If you could try and report back?

Tested this and there's no change, still get permission denied from chown via ssh.

Other than that, maybe using the (not yet production) Cygwin 1.7 is
an option for you.  You can install a 1.7-based distro over your 1.5
distro using another setup.exe: http://cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe

I'll give this a shot in a bit and let you know.

   Regards
   Steve