Re: sshd not accessible from outside my machine

Nathan Salwen wrote:

I installed openssh, openssl, libwrap0 and tcp_wrappers using Cygwin
Setup,  openssh is version 5.0p1-1 and openssl is version 0.9.8h-1.  I
can ssh to other boxes and I can ssh to myself after typing "net start
sshd" but I cannot ssh from other boxes to this box.  When I try that
I get a "Connection timed out" error.
[snip]
runnig Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Assuming "other boxes" are on the same LAN... add sshd.exe to Windows' Firewall Exceptions or disable the firewall.

If "other boxes" are in the Internet... open the port on your gateway, and map the port if using NAT. Also the daemon executable to your machine Windows firewall or disable it.

BTW sshd has tcp_wrappers support built it, no need to install libwrap or the whole package unless you intend to build openssh (or anything else with tcp_wrappers support, like exim or vsftp) yourself.
--
René Berber