This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: colons in Cygwin (was Re: make-3.81-3 (ITA??))
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:47:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: colons in Cygwin (was Re: make-3.81-3 (ITA??))
- References: <487E8966.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080717004748.GA30298@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <487FAB2D.email@example.com>
Rob Walker schrieb:
I didn't mean for anyone (especially the package maintainer) to infer
that make wasn't being actively supported. My apologies for any
I'm very interested in your opinions on colons in paths. I'd prefer to
hear directly what they are, to avoid any misunderstanding that might
arise from me trying to glean them from the archives.
Questions I have in particular:
1. what are your thoughts on POSIX support for colons in paths?
Colons in filenames are fine and will be supported with cygwin-1.7.
But c:/ it will not map to the root of some c drive, it will map to the
For now we had to use managed mounts for such names, soon we will be
able to see readable names.
2. what are your thoughts on Cygwin's existing support for DOS paths?
Why should we? For mingw builds use MSYS, for cygwin use cygwin.
Don't mix what does not fit together.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html