Re: Rsync and NTFS -> FAT32 problem

On 09/13/2008, Richard Ivarson wrote:
But since I formatted the memory stick to FAT32 because it's more usuable on
Linux PCs, suddenly the very same Rsync command shows different results! It
copies many files from the Win-PC to the USB stick which already are up to
date...

As the later posts indicate, you've gotten the answer you needed. However, I just wanted to point out that if you're using FAT32 just to be _more_ compatible with Linux (obviously current Linux installations support NTFS for read/write so this is far less of an issue than it used to be), there is the alternative of adding an Ext2/3 driver to Windows. I use <http://www.fs-driver.org/> but there are other alternatives too.

Holliston, MA 01746