Re: Problem to open big selfextracting Zip files from bash - starting from scratch :-)

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 04:48:20PM +0200, Dirk Napierala wrote:
Christopher Faylor schrieb:
If I missed feedback to the thread below I have to apologize.
Otherwise I would like to recall this (my last post)again
This is getting old.  Rather than repeatedly apologize for
theoretically not reading a response, go back through the responses and
make sure of the fact yourself.

I think that where it stands right now is that no one has a 1.5G
self-extracting zip file to play with to confirm or deny your findings.

If this is vitally important, you might consider purchasing a support
contract with Red Hat.
Thats what I did, and I did not found a reply to my findings which I
stated in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-09/msg00545.html together
with the requested files which allows trobleshooting.....

Yes. Sometimes that happens. People stop responding. Maybe we have no
further insight or maybe we got tired of your inability/reluctance to
perform all of the tests that we were asking for.
Please keep affable without telling me that I´m inability/reluctance. This is not the way people should talk
to each other. Thank you.
It is nailed down to the cygwin1.dll

While it is interesting that you were able to narrow it down to a DLL, there were too many changes between the two versions that you found for this to be a useful debugging technique.

Well maybe I'm not a good problem debugger. Thats why I'm seeking help here.
My thought was when I change one part of something and after that change something else did not work
anymore that I got a good hint for what may cause the problem.
And as this change was just the dll version my guess was that this information would be helpful.
I assume that it should not be a big deal for someone who is a
developer to create such a SFX file on its own for testing.

Interesting assumption.
;-) lets keep on smiling ;-)
If it is a problem, I can provide the original file causing the problem
to a location of your choice. If you do not have free space avail to
allow me put the file to, please let me know and reply to my company
mail address. I will than put it on our ftp server and make it avail
for your eyes only. You may understand that this is company
confidential.

This is more work than I, personally, am able to take on. That's why I
suggested investigating a support contract.
Understand.
As I mentioned early on, even if this was determined to be a problem in
Cygwin 1.5.x, we're not going to release a new version of the 1.5 series
so it isn't clear how you'd proceed even if we did find a solution.
The problem is also when we try 1.7.

cgf