Re: ACL weirdness on Cygwin

On Oct 10 20:34, Eric Blake wrote:

> I'm just as stumped as Bruno on this issue, and don't know if it
> represents a bug in cygwin1.dll.

The problem results from the fact that, in contrast to chmod, setfacl
does not create deny ACEs in case "other" and/or the group have more
rights than the group and/or the owner of the file.  I described the
basic problem of mapping POSIX permissions to Windows ACLs years ago in
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-mapping

setfacl doesn't create deny ACEs and, unfortunately, even removes them
when creating a new file ACL.  Yes, that needs reworking at one point.

Corinna

Red Hat