This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Brand new Cygwin install on a Vista (Home Premium) machine
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 23:23:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: Brand new Cygwin install on a Vista (Home Premium) machine
- References: <COL102-W1445D777263166F0689A88B5200@phx.gbl> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Did you install onto an AMD or an Intel machine? My install onto an Intel
machine (Vista Home Premium) resulted in a string of messages that
cygwin1.dll was the wrong version.
You reported this already. I responded to it here:
There's no reason to believe that Cygwin would generate such messages
for AMD or Intel processors. If there were such problems, you would
either see this list full of such complaints or the problems would
have been addressed ages ago.
If you're having some problems that you want to report, I highly
recommend reading and following the problem reporting guidelines
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html