This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with cygwin and GLUT on Vista
- From: André Bleau <andre_bleau at hotmail dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:51:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: problem with cygwin and GLUT on Vista
- Reply-to: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
I managed to install Cygwin, its development packages and the opengl package
on a computer running Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with SP1 yesterday.
Everything runs fine: the GLUI examples, the helloGLUT test program, and your own
"main" test program.
Possible causes for your problems:
1- BLODA. See http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda
2- Conflict between the opengl package and the libglut-devel package. If you have both,
try to uninstall the libglut-devel package with the setup program.
3- You have a conflicting copy of one of the dlls installed somewhere.
To help us help you further, you need to:
1- Go to the directory where your "main.exe" is.
2- Run: cygcheck ./main.exe
3- Send the output here. Also _attach_ the output of: cygcheck -s
- André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.
Please direct any question or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html