Re: --acls trouble on NTFS source & destination

I can't get --acls to work at all. Do you?

When I use it for a RSYNC between a Windows NTFS hard drive and a NTFS USB drive, I get the following error message:
----
sending incremental file list

recv_acl_access: value out of range: ff

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src
/rsync-3.0.4/acls.c(670) [receiver=3.0.4]

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (9 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src
/rsync-3.0.4/io.c(632) [sender=3.0.4]
----

Also, using "--permission", or "-owner", or "-group" as kind of alternatives doesn't have any effect for all my tests.

Are these four parameters usable on Windows with Cygwin & RSYNC ?
How do you use RSYNC on NTFS remote syncs with Windows' access rights?

-Richard

I wrote:
Hi again,

I also use rsync to sync data between a Windows NTFS formatted drive and a
NTFS formated USB memory stick on the same machine.
Basically this works (highly similar to for example a rsync between Windows
and Unix).

BUT... I never ever get the correct permissions on files and folders on the
destination. I tried --permission, -owner, -group, etc. but it never works in
a way that the destination is a mirror of the source.

Now with the very newest Cygwin rsync version there's finally a port of the
GNU rsync's --acls parameter. It reads like it would do exactly what many need, but again I don't get it right.....

How do you get the access rights on the (NTFS) destination to be the same as the (NTFS) source ones?

-Richard