This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin Slow on XP
- From: Stephan Mueller <Stephan dot Mueller at microsoft dot com>
- To: tomotomo <nikeelevet at Hotmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:46:25 -0800
- Subject: RE: Cygwin Slow on XP
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
" I run a program on Cygwin that should run in 15 seconds, but it runs in about
" 2 mins. Any idea why it's so slow?
Vaclav's replies mention exactly what else is needed to help diagnose performance issues, but one other line of questioning: what makes you think it 'should' run in 15 seconds? If you're comparing it some other system -- analogous details on that one will be helpful.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html