This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: nedit gives X-error of failed request - also issues with (x)emacs
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:55:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: nedit gives X-error of failed request - also issues with (x)emacs
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:34:18PM +0100, Maarten Vanneste wrote:
>I have just updated my cygwin settings, something I do on a weekly
>basis. This typically goes without any trouble. Now I have noticed
>that there was a substantial update on X11. After the update, the
>nedit editor fails to operate, returning the following error message:
>X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>Major opcode of failed request: 70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
>Serial number of failed request: 289
>Current serial number in output stream: 299
>(The last two numbers change after rebooting).
X-related questions should go to the cygwin-xfree mailing list.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html