This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7 - noacl for cygdrive
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:03:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.7 - noacl for cygdrive
- References: <002201c94993$3a4a2e50$aede8af0$@com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 08:35:04AM -0700, Rob Bosch wrote:
>> Rob, many thanks for your reply.
>> So it's not just me having massive problems with the NT permissions which
>> being messed up by Cygwin tools like rsync. Actually most Cygwin users
>> see these problems, I guess, because Windows 2000 and XP use NTFS.
>> I can't use rsync anymore, because the permissions of the destination are
>all wrong after rsync resets them... Oh what a pity!
>Rsync will work fine with 1.5.25. Just set the global NTSEC (see
>http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html). You have to set this
>variable in your system environment so that any process spawned gets it,
>especially if you are running rsync as a service. If you are scripting it,
>add it in your cmd file.
ntsec is the *default* and has been for some time. There is no reason to set
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html