Re: sshd on vista error "initgroups: Permission denied" (cygwin-1.7)

On 13 Nov 2008 11:35:43 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Looking ahead, I suspect that this combo (sshd + 1.7 + vista + domain user)
> > will be pretty common.  Is there a plan for steering users in the right
> > direction during the setup of sshd, or maybe giving a more descriptive
> > error message?
>
> The ssh-host-config script only covers the simpler approaches for home
> users.  Right now, a professional administrator for a Windows domain
> will have to know a bit, or ask here.
>
> Ideally, somebody would take a heart and
>
> - Add more code to ssh-host-config to allow more smooth operations
>   in a domain environment.
> - Add to the documentation to explain the problems.
>
> But right now that won't be me.

Understood.  Thanks for providing the game plan in any case.

As for me, I've unfortunately just lost all access to my domain account
and vista test machines.  So, although I would like help, I don't think
that I'll be able to accomplish much on this front in the short term.  But
I'll see what I can do to get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Is this the appropriate document to update with an explanation of the
problems?

   /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README

Herb.