This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: new cygport feature: list-readme [patch]
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-ports-general at lists dot sourceforge dot net, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:08:10 -0600
- Subject: Re: new cygport feature: list-readme [patch]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Reini Urban wrote:
> Attached is a patch against current stable 0.4.2, which adds list-readme,
> a list in README style format for all sub-packages.
Thanks for the patch. I've been swamped with the Cygwin/X transition,
so I have yet to take a close look at this.
Sounds interesting, but I wonder if there is another way to do this
without actually tarballing each package.
> Maybe the new feature to support .list files should be better
> announced and described.
cygport as a whole needs to be documented. I would prefer to use a
doxygen/gtk-doc type system to build documentation from the code and its
comments, but I'm not aware of any such system for bash. Perhaps there
is, I just don't know.
> And maybe some helper is needed to detect changes in previous .list files.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html