This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Setup wants to revert my upgrade of Emacs
- From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 01:18:38 -0600
- Subject: RE: Setup wants to revert my upgrade of Emacs
- References: <email@example.com>
> From: Jonathan Ferro
[snip having to check "binary"]
> Setup run 3: When rerunning Setup to look at something else,
> fortunately I am in the habit of always looking at the
> "Partial" view before hitting Next, and I see that it has
> queued up all three packages to be reinstalled to version "21.2-13".
> I have canceled out of that Setup session, but I'd like to
> figure out how to get my choice to "stick".
It sounds like you're having two possibly separate problems:
1. You shouldn't have to check binary, that sounds like a setup.ini
2. Unfortunately there's no way to get any of your choices on the package
chooser page to stick.
Gary R. Van Sickle
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html