RE: Problem with aliases in bash as login shell

Ryan Stewart wrote:
" A nearly 4900 line man page is not exactly "direct". That was the
" first place I looked. It was also the last place I looked, but even
" knowing more or less what I was looking for, I couldn't find it. Can
" you point me to a line number in the man page?

The '.' command is a synonym for the 'source' command.  Searching for source in the bash man page will turn up use of this word in numerous contexts, but will find the one you want after not too many false positives.

stephan();