This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Bash process hangs around forever after ssh disconnect
- From: Michael Hipp <Michael at Hipp dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:49:33 -0600
- Subject: Bash process hangs around forever after ssh disconnect
- Reply-to: Michael at Hipp dot com
I'm seeing this on several systems...
I'm logging in to a W2k server via cygwin sshd and using Putty as my terminal
emulator. If my ssh connection gets dropped for any reason the bash.exe
process on the host just stays there forever. Also, anything I was running in
bash (e.g. vim) will stay there forever. I'm having to use taskman to clean
this up periodically.
Anything that can be done about this?
Heber Springs, Arkansas, USA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html