This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash process hangs around forever after ssh disconnect
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:31:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bash process hangs around forever after ssh disconnect
- References: <4928624D.8090800@Hipp.com>
* Michael Hipp (Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:49:33 -0600)
> I'm logging in to a W2k server via cygwin sshd and using Putty as my
> terminal emulator. If my ssh connection gets dropped for any reason
> the bash.exe process on the host just stays there forever. Also,
> anything I was running in bash (e.g. vim) will stay there forever. I'm
> having to use taskman to clean this up periodically.
> Anything that can be done about this?
You could check or set you the ClientAliveInterval and TCPKeepAlive.
I've set both to 0 respectively to no because I don't want sshd to kill
my session only because the client does not respond for a while. Use
"screen" to reconnect when the connection is back.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html