This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "du -b --files0-from=-" running out of memory
- From: Jim Meyering <jim at meyering dot net>
- To: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, bug-coreutils <bug-coreutils at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:25:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: "du -b --files0-from=-" running out of memory
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Eric Blake <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> [adding the upstream coreutils list]
> According to Barry Kelly on 11/23/2008 6:24 AM:
>> I have a problem with du running out of memory.
>> I'm feeding it a list of null-separated file names via standard input,
>> to a command-line that looks like:
>> du -b --files0-from=-
Thank you for the report.
(thanks, Erik for the Cc)
du's --files0-from option reads the entire list of
file names into memory before processing the first name.
That bug should be fixed very quickly ;-)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html