This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Solution or workaround for "file name too long" problem ?
- From: Václav Haisman <v dot haisman at sh dot cvut dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:45:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Solution or workaround for "file name too long" problem ?
- References: <492A7120.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Klaus Tiedemann wrote:
> Hello cygwin,
> is there any progress on the "file name too long" problem ?
> I think a lot of people would like to use rsync under cygwin for backup
> or replication, but as long as cygwin can't handle long path names this
> is not a serious option ...
> Is there at least a workaround you can recommend ?
> Best regards
Try 1.7 snapshot if it fixes your problem.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html