This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Running Linux Application on Windows
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:22:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Running Linux Application on Windows
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <492BE083.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:24:51AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Emil Tan wrote:
>> Is the documentation kinda wrong?
> Yes, but that's something you'll have to take up with the people who
> maintain that file, presumably on the Samhain mailing list. Whoever wrote
> it doesn't realize that /usr, /home, etc aren't created in c:\, they're
> mount(1) aliases for directories that actually live in c:\cygwin, by
Right. Just to be clear if that is what the documentation tells you to
do it is frighteningly wrong.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html