This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OT: SpamAssassin failures
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: allangschrum at yahoo dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:18:33 -0500
- Subject: Re: OT: SpamAssassin failures
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:32:37PM -0800, Allan Schrum wrote:
>I'm sorry for disturbing the mailing list, but SpamAssassin has marked
>my company's server as a spammer. This was because our ISP failed to
>respond to the DNSBL's requests, so it was black listed. I corrected
>this problem and I am working on getting my ISP to be more responsive,
>but I am frustrated by SpamAssassin which seems to cache old entries.
>Christopher Faylor responded that he needed more information, so I
>responded to his request.
>Guess what? My response was blocked by SpamAssassin. Since the Cygwin
>web site offers no other method of communication except email, this
>left me with a problem. I am solving that problem by disturbing this
So, you can't send email to a mailing list and the logic is to send a
complaint to an unrelated mailing list?
This is off-topic here. Persist in sending email here and you really
will be on a blacklist.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html