This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help needed: first time tried sshd and got stuck not far from the beginning...
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:39:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Help needed: first time tried sshd and got stuck not far from the beginning...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 11/29/2008, Matthias Meyer wrote:
Please go to your server and run "/usr/sbin/sshd -ddd -D" Maybee your
ssh-server say something about the reason.
This won't work. You'll need to set up a new service which invokes
'sshd' with the above debug flags and start that service instead. See
'ssh-host-config' for details on setting up such a service using the
'cygserver' account. If you proceed with the above advice, you may
change the permissions on files that the service needs set for 'cygserver',
effectively breaking 'sshd' when run as a service.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html