This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-1.7: linking difference
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:38:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin-1.7: linking difference
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 6 07:15, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Hi All,
> following the Corinna request I tried to test the
> building of my packages on cygwin-1.7 and I found this
> slight difference when linking
> on cygwin 1.5 "-lcruft.dll" is accepted as form
> to link versus cygcruft.dll
> while on 1.7 the outcome is:
> /bin/ld: cannot find -lcruft.dll
> of course if I modified the form "in -lcruft"
> than everything is fine.
> Is it a intentional change ?
I don't think this has to do with Cygwin 1.5 vs 1.7. This looks like
a change in gcc4 vs gcc3 or in binutils.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html