Signal handling in Win32 GUI programs

Hi,

Is there something special about signal handling in Win32 GUI programs? With MinTTY, I'm finding that signals sent to it are only delivered when writing data to the child process (i.e. when you try to kill it, it stays open until a key is pressed).

I guess that's fair enough in as far as POSIX doesn't guarantee anything about signal delivery time, but the description in the user's guide does sound as if it should be fairly immediate:

"When a Cygwin process starts, the library starts a secondary thread for use in signal handling. This thread waits for Windows events used to pass signals to the process. When a process notices it has a signal, it scans its signal bitmask and handles the signal in the appropriate fashion."

Also, there's no such problem with rxvt, so is there anything obvious I might be doing wrong? Or are there any tricks, ideally not involving polling, that I should be using?

Andy