Re: setup.exe 2.573.2.3 signature failure

George R Nelson wrote:
As a newcomer to cygwin, my attempts to download from ctgwin.com or a
number of mirror sites all failed with signature errors. WHy do I get
this problem? The error I get is:

Setup.ini signature http://cygwin.com/setup.bz2.sig from
http//cygwin.com failed to verify.

I have managed to download cygwin using the setup.exe from redhat.

So what were you downloading it with before? 'setup.exe' is the prescribed way to download (for installation) and/or install. If you want a mirror, you want to use another tool but barring that, stick with 'setup.exe'.

On a related topic, is there any way to change the URL for the
download? Or do you just add download sites then highlight the one you
wish to use?

There are plenty of download sites in the list to choose from. But if you want another one not listed, you can add it by typing it into the edit control below the list and clicking "Add". Then you can select it from the list. You can select up to 4 from the list.

Finally, I am trying to build some C sources using cygwin but the
build fails as it is not finding some libraries: libsocket.a, libnsl.a
and libxnet.a. I've searched both the package lists and the installed
libraries without success. I am sure that the functions defined in
these libraries do exist in the cygwin distribution but may be in
differently named libraries. Can anybody help?

Not significantly with that description. I'd recommend reading the problem reporting guidelines and trying again if you're still having problems. The guidelines can be found at the link below.

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746