Re: libapr1 in cygwin

On 1/18/2009 1:26 PM, Daniel Stonier wrote:
David Rothenberger wrote:
I recall that the build failed when static libraries were enabled.
[snip]
However, I've run into a few hitches with the cygwin source build - I
just started using cygwin yesterday, so not very familiar with its
build system/environment and got thrown by errors coming from a
libtool mismatch. I'll keep at it - I think we're going to need cygwin
to build our user end programs so I'll need to familiarise myself with
it regardless.

In case you missed it, I just packaged a new version with static libraries. The problem was the build/libtool.m4 file in the source tarball conflicted with the version of libtool now used in the Cygwin distribution. Removing that file before building solves the problem.

Contact me off-list if you can't wait for the new packages to be uploaded -- I can provide you with a pointer to them or the updated cygport files for you to build it yourself.

Friends, n.:
        People who borrow your books and set wet glasses on them.

People who know you well, but like you anyway.