Re: 1.5.25: Vista x64 - can't install, no (known) BLODAs, rebase not helping

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I applied a patch to cygcheck in CVS which avoids the recursion due to
the funny behaviour of the Wow6432Node in 32 bit mode.

Corinna
Thanks. I compiled that (under cygwin on an XP machine) and it worked.

Cygwin now works on my 64-bit Vista machine too. I decided to start over, so I deleted the entire c:\cygwin directory and manually removed all of the Cygnus keys from the registry. When I ran Cygwin's setup again, it worked. I didn't need to rebase any DLLs. I even tried the whole process again with Windows Defender enabled, and that worked too. So, I'm happy that it works now. I would be happier if I knew why, but I can no longer reproduce the problem I had before.

Alexander