Re: Finding either boot time or login time

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:
> man uptime

I have thought of uptime, but this requires doing date calculation (I have to
subtract the uptime from the current time), which I wanted to avoid; plus I
wanted to have it reproducible (i.e. if I calculate the "startup time" twice
in succession, I wanted to get the same result - using the uptime calculation
might well give differences of, say, one, in rare cases 2, seconds for the
startup time on repeated calculations.

But it seems there is no alternative. I had not expected that Windows would
not log such events, like starting up or having some user logged in...

Ronald