Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: file-5.00-1

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>   Take-home point: never use -static-libgcc when building a DLL.
>
> Baeh.  The two of us discussed this in PM a couple of days back and I
> still don't like the idea to depend on cyggcc_s.dll for more or less
> every other package providing a DLL.

  Nah, I think I was expressing that too strongly.  I guess if something's
only pulling in a few math functions from the DLL, it shouldn't need to do so
dynamically if it doesn't want to.  I'll find a way to make this usage work
under rebasing.

    cheers,
      DaveK