Re: wget, ssh, ... and cygwin 1.7 issues

Corinnia:
I finally got cygwin 1.7 swapped-in to try to reproduce my problem. Good news, after a few hours of pinging a website, ZERO ERRORS for now. Since it is an intermittent error, I'll let it run at 6 seconds interval until tomorrow.

Now some issues raised with 1.7 .................
$ ls -l /etc/passwd /etc/group
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 UNKNOWN mkpasswd 74 Feb 25 23:42 /etc/group
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 UNKNOWN mkpasswd 81 Jan 11 19:06 /etc/passwd

For BOTH files having write access by everyone, any attemps to edit the files with "vim" will result on a permament block on OPEN. No EPERM error code. Now I did NOT upgrade anything elso but just replacing cygwin1.dll file. I was able to append a new-line to the group file. When editing group file, "vim group" became "vim -u NONE group" is procps output.

As I was reading 1.7 docs on mkpasswd & mkproup, I didn't see any way to specify a UID or GID when creating the entry. Otherwise, things are looking up. With my two web servers running fine.